The Precision Medicine Lab, led by Dr Faisal Khan, under the National Centre of Big Data and Cloud Computing (NCBC) is funded by the HEC and hosted jointly by CECOS University and Rehman Medical Institute in Hayatabad, Peshawar.
We are seeking to hire talented, self-driven individuals who have shown high levels of consistent achievement during their career and possess a genuine enthusiasm for science and innovation and/or deep passion for improving cancer patient outcomes. All applicants are expected to have strong interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written) skills.
Successful applicants will be expected to be proactive, punctual, committed with the ability to work under stress. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word) and email is required. Design and/or social media savviness will be a bonus.
NEW [23/6/20]: Communications Specialist
Preference will be given to early applicants. The first round of interviews will be held on July 20.
We are looking for a digital-savvy science communicator who can share stories about our people and projects at PML, with the rest of the world. The experience can be taken as war reporting from our frontlines against cancer. The person should ideally be a graduate with at least 2 years of professional experience as a communications manager or digital content creator. Exceptional candidates who have not graduated yet may also apply. The ideal candidate will have a mix of the following skills:
- Design (from good use of Canva, to pros using Illustrator, Photoshop or similar software)
- Copy (from correct use of the English language, to very strong writing and blogging skills especially about science and technology)
- Social (very savvy social media management skills including twitter, facebook pages and/or instagram; decent photography or video-making skills will be bonus).
A typical day at PML would have some of the following:
- Meeting and interviewing team mates to learn more about their projects, resulting in content.
- Brainstorming a new visual identity for an upcoming event or a new project.
- Broadcasting an event or moderating a live panel discussion.
- Tweeting an exciting new paper out or posting about day-to-day happenings at the lab.
- Preparing the next email shot for our weekly mailing list
- Helping a technical team member finish off a newspaper article or a blog on time.
- Coordinating with media outlets for disseminating some fresh news from the lab.
MS/MPhil studentships and open positions for fresh graduates [POSITIONS CLOSED]
We have open positions for fresh graduates or 2nd year MS/MPhil students who want to pursue their projects at the Precision Medicine Lab. These are short-term full-time positions that come with a stipend. Successful candidates will be active members of the PML team and will work directly with the PI. All members have access to their own workspace and shared laboratory resources, located at RMI in Hayatabad, Peshawar.
Eligibility: We welcome applications from applicants who have a minimum qualification of Bachelors (16 years) with degrees in ANY field, particularly biotechnology, bioinformatics, medicine/MBBS/BDS, computer science/CSE, software/electrical/electronics engineering, statistics, data sciences, visual design and mass communication.
Successful applicants will be expected to exercise imagination, initiative and inventiveness in their work. The Lab expects high levels of integrity, energy and time management from all its members. Any study or experience abroad will be a plus.
Deadline for new applications is March 31, 2020.
For any questions or assistance with which positions to apply or to express any other interest in joining our team, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org